Wimbledon Eton Mess
Try this classic English dessert – light sweet cream, crumbled crunchy meringues and strawberries, swirled together with raspberry coulis. It tastes as good as it looks!
- 300g punnet strawberries
- 4 meringues
- 300ml carton whipping cream
- half a 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp raspberry or strawberry coulis
How To Cook
- Chop the strawberries. Roughly break the meringues to bite size pieces.
- Whip the cream, add the condensed milk and re-whip to soft peaks. Add the lemon juice which should thicken the mixture.
- Reserve half the strawberries, meringue pieces and coulis to layer into the glasses, swirl the remaining ingredients into the creamy mixture.
- Layer the creamy mixture with the remaining fruit, meringue and sauce into eight serving glasses and serve. www.carnation.co.uk
0 people have helped to review this recipe.
Leave a Comment
You must sign in or register to leave a comment.
Keep all your favourite recipes in one place, upload your own, rate other users' creations and sign up to our newsletter packed with exclusive giveaways, news and tips by registering today.
On Sale Now!
July issue of CookVeg is available now
You might also like
No rating - be the first!