Tarragon Fillets in Vermouth
- 1 packet Quorn Chicken Style Fillets
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped tarragon or 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 100ml vegetarian white Vermouth
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- 200ml crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
How To Cook
- Lightly sauté the Quorn Fillets in half the oil in a shallow frying pan for 5-6 minutes or until golden on each side. Take out and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and sauté the leeks gently for 3-4 minutes or until soft, then add the mushrooms and continue to cooking for two minutes.
- Put the fillets back in the pan and add the tarragon and Vermouth, simmer for 4-5 minutes until it has evaporated by half and then add the stock and continue to simmer for five minutes. Season to taste.
- Stir in the crème fraîche and serve immediately sprinkled with fresh parsley, and accompanied by a selection of fresh vegetables, new potatoes or boiled rice. www.quorn.co.uk
1 person has helped to review this recipe.
Really enjoyed this dish. Made it to serve one (me!) with two fillets. Didn’t have leeks, so used onion instead, no creme fraiche so used yoghurt with a little cream mixed in. The recipe was a good reminder that Quorn fillets are so versatile, and I’ll certainly cook it again.
Leave a Comment
You must sign in or register to leave a comment.
Keep all your favourite recipes in one place, upload your own, rate other users' creations and sign up to our newsletter packed with exclusive giveaways, news and tips by registering today.
On Sale Now!
July issue of CookVeg is available now
You might also like
No rating - be the first!