Strawberries Dipped in Melted Chocolate & Toasted Pistachio Nuts
- 500g ripe Sweet Eve strawberries
- 100g icing sugar for sifting
- 250g dark (70 percent) chocolate
- 100g raw unshelled pistachio nuts
- 200ml whipping cream
- 50g caster sugar
How To Cook
- Hull the strawberries with a metal spoon. Place them in a bowl and sift the icing sugar over them. Mix well and set the bowl aside covered with clingfilm.
- Put a pan of water on to simmer and place a heatproof bowl over the top. Break the chocolate into small squares into the heatproof bowl.The steam from the hot water will rise, and gently melt the chocolate. The water must not boil so hard that it directly bubbles up to touch the bottom of the bowl containing the chocolate. When the chocolate is all melted, take the saucepan and bowl off the heat and set aside to cool gently.
- Using a dry, non-stick frying pan, toast the pistachio nuts very carefully. Keep turning them, so that they do not catch and burn. When they are golden brown and their aroma is filling the air, remove from the heat. Once the nuts have cooled, chop them into small pieces and set aside.
- Whip the cream with the caster sugar until it forms soft peaks. Spoon the cream into a serving bowl. Prick the bottom end of one of the strawberries with a cocktail stick, dip the strawberry into the melted chocolate, and then roll it into the chopped, toasted pistachio nuts. Lay each finished strawberry on a serving platter, with the cocktail stick, so that the chocolate can set again.
- Serve the strawberries with the whipped cream for dipping into. www.sweetevestrawberry.co.uk
0 people have helped to review this recipe.
Leave a Comment
You must sign in or register to leave a comment.
Keep all your favourite recipes in one place, upload your own, rate other users' creations and sign up to our newsletter packed with exclusive giveaways, news and tips by registering today.
On Sale Now!
July issue of CookVeg is available now