Savoury Tofu and Sun Blushed Tomato Cake
- 1 large red pepper, cut into small dice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g Cauldron origninal tofu, drained and pressed, cut into small cubes
- 200g plain flour
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 3 free-range eggs
- 100ml olive oil
- 100ml warm milk
- 25g sun blushed tomatoes, chopped
- 75g grated veggie Gruyère (or other hard cheese of your choice)
- 1 tsp herbs de provence or dried thyme
How To Cook
- Sauté the diced red pepper in 1 tbsp olive oil. Grate the tofu and place on one side. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- In a large bowl, sieve together the plain flour, baking powder, salt and pepper and add the free-range eggs. Beat together well until you have a sticky compact ball and then add the oil and the warm milk, while still beating continuously. Lastly add the red pepper, chopped sun blushed tomatoes, grated Cauldron tofu, Gruyère (or other) cheese and dried herbs.
- Grease a loaf tin and line it with oiled greaseproof paper. Pour the cake mixture into the tin and bake for up to 45 minutes at 200C/400F/Gas 6. Cover half way through the cooking if the loaf appears to be browning too much on top.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely, then cut into slices and enjoy. www.cauldronfoods.co.uk
0 people have helped to review this recipe.
Leave a Comment
You must sign in or register to leave a comment.
Keep all your favourite recipes in one place, upload your own, rate other users' creations and sign up to our newsletter packed with exclusive giveaways, news and tips by registering today.
On Sale Now!
July issue of CookVeg is available now
You might also like
No rating - be the first!