Ryan’s Quorn and leek pie
the sauce should be creamy and light in colour and the pastry should be a nice golden colour if glazed with an egg.
- 150g plain flour plus extra for dusting
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- 50g butter diced
- 75g vegetarian cheese
- For the filling
- 40g butter
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 sliced medium leeks
- 2 gloves garlic chopped
- 300g quorn chicken style pices
- 25g plain flour
- 100mls vegetable stock
- ¼ tsp mustard power
- 200mls milk for glazing or an egg
- selection of vegetables
- 200mls of vegetable gravy
How To Cook
- For the pasry rub flour mustard powder together rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs add the grated cheese and stir though gradually add the water cover with cling film and chill for 30 mins
- To make the filling melt the butter and oil in a saucepan add the leeks and cook for 5 mins over a medium heat until softened but not coloured stir in the garlic and quorn pieces cook for 2 mins
- Stir in the flour and mustard powder and cook for 1 min gradually add the stock and milk stirring until the sauce thickens season to taste spoon the quorn mixture into a pie dish cover with cilm film
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly covered floured surface cut shapes and cover the top of the pie dish brush with milk and put in oven for 25 mins until the top is golden brown
- always serve hot both pie and vegetables and gravy.
0 people have helped to review this recipe.
Leave a Comment
You must sign in or register to leave a comment.
Keep all your favourite recipes in one place, upload your own, rate other users' creations and sign up to our newsletter packed with exclusive giveaways, news and tips by registering today.
On Sale Now!
July issue of CookVeg is available now
You might also like
No rating - be the first!