Roast Shallot and Broad Bean Couscous
Combining flavoursome ingredients with couscous, like the roasted shallots, feta and smoked paprika in this recipe, helps add interest to what can be quite a plain grain. If you haven’t tried smoked paprika you are missing out! Its gorgeous spicy flavour is perfect in stews and bakes…
- 8 shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 200g couscous
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 200g broad beans
- grated rind and juice of 1 small lemon
- 150g vegetarian feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- handful chopped fresh mint
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How To Cook
- Preheat the oven to 190C/340F/Gas 5. Place the shallots in a small roasting tin and drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 10-15 minutes, until golden.
- Place the couscous in a bowl and stir in the paprika. Pour over the stock and cover with cling film. Set aside for 10-15 minutes. Cook the broad beans in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, until tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Slip the beans out of their grey skins.
- Fluff up the couscous and stir in the beans, lemon rind and juice, mint, shallots and the veggie feta if using. www.ukshallot.com
0 people have helped to review this recipe.
Leave a Comment
You must sign in or register to leave a comment.
Keep all your favourite recipes in one place, upload your own, rate other users' creations and sign up to our newsletter packed with exclusive giveaways, news and tips by registering today.
On Sale Now!
July issue of CookVeg is available now