Red Cooked Marinated Tofu, Shiitake Mushrooms and Chestnuts
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp whole assortment of Chinese five spice + 1 x 5cm stick of cassia bark
- 320g Cauldron Marinated Tofu pieces (2 packets)
- 1 tbsp Shaohsing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 10 cooked chestnuts
- 2 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
How To Cook
- Heat a wok over high heat and when the wok starts to smoke, add the groundnut oil. Swirl the oil around and then add the whole spices and cassia bark and stir for a few seconds. Then add the marinated tofu pieces and cook until fragrant and browned for less than a minute.
- Add the Shaohsing rice wine, the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and brown sugar. Add the shiitake mushrooms and cooked chestnuts and bring to the boil and keep gently stirring.
- When all the liquid has reduced and the ingredients are slightly sticky with the “red cooked” glaze, take it off the heat and garnish with some spring onions. Serve immediately with some boiled jasmine rice. www.cauldronfoods..co.uk
0 people have helped to review this recipe.
Leave a Comment
You must sign in or register to leave a comment.
Keep all your favourite recipes in one place, upload your own, rate other users' creations and sign up to our newsletter packed with exclusive giveaways, news and tips by registering today.
On Sale Now!
July issue of CookVeg is available now
You might also like
No rating - be the first!