Pad Thai Noodles with Tofu
- 250g Cauldron Tofu, drained and cut into strips
- 4 tbsp vegetarian green Thai paste
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into half-moon shapes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 100g cooked rice noodles (dry weight)
- 2 heaped tbsp chopped coriander
- 50g peanuts or cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 4 whole spring onions, chopped
For the garnish
How To Cook
- Coat the tofu with the Thai paste, then marinate for 10 minutes. You can use more or less Thai paste depending on your preference.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, add the tofu pieces, then cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and reserve. Add the garlic, chilli and red onion (adding a little more oil if necessary), then fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is tender. Keeping the heat high, return the tofu pieces to the pan.
- Pour over the soy sauce and lime juice, then stir for just a few seconds before adding the rice noodles. Toss for 2-3 minutes, or until the noodles are completely heated through.
- Mix together the garnish ingredients, then add half to the wok and stir. Serve the noodles with the rest of the garnish sprinkled over. www.cauldronfoods.co.uk
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thank you!
This is delicious, It’s become one of my regular meals!
Leave a Comment
You must sign in or register to leave a comment.
Keep all your favourite recipes in one place, upload your own, rate other users' creations and sign up to our newsletter packed with exclusive giveaways, news and tips by registering today.
On Sale Now!
June issue of CookVeg is available now
You might also like
No rating - be the first!