Oaty Carrot and Thyme Muffins
- 175g plain flour
- 50g porridge oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and ground black pepper
- 225g carrots, coarsely grated
- 100g vegetarian mature Cheddar, grated
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 100ml milk
- 2 large free-range eggs
How To Cook
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Mix the flour, oats, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, mustard and thyme together in a large bowl. Season with plenty of ground black pepper and a good pinch of salt.
- Stir in the carrots and 3/4 of the cheese. Mix together the oil, milk and egg. Add to the dry ingredients and stir briefly.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, sprinkle over the remaining cheese, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen and golden brown on top. Cool in the tin for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Best served slightly warm. www.britishcarrots.co.uk
0 people have helped to review this recipe.
Leave a Comment
You must sign in or register to leave a comment.
Keep all your favourite recipes in one place, upload your own, rate other users' creations and sign up to our newsletter packed with exclusive giveaways, news and tips by registering today.
On Sale Now!
July issue of CookVeg is available now
You might also like
No rating - be the first!