These Greek-style pancakes are great for breakfast or dessert
- 225g plain four
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp Greek honey
- 150ml Greek yoghurt
- 2 large free-range British Lion eggs
- 100ml water
- olive oil for frying
- Greek yoghurt, honey and walnuts to serve
How To Cook
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add the honey, yoghurt and eggs and beat well until a thick, smooth batter forms. Add the water and beat again until you have a batter the consistency of thin cream.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan until hot, drizzle a little oil over the centre and wipe around the pan with a piece of kitchen paper. Add three or four spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 6-8mins, turning over once until the pancakes are golden brown.
- Transfer to a clean tea towel, fold over to keep the pancakes warm. Repeat until you have made about 15 more pancakes in the same way. Serve the pancakes warm with toasted walnuts, Greek yoghurt and honey drizzled over. www.eggrecipes.co.uk
1 person has helped to review this recipe.
These are the best pancakes I have ever had and so easy to make. Very fluffy!
Leave a Comment
You must sign in or register to leave a comment.
Keep all your favourite recipes in one place, upload your own, rate other users' creations and sign up to our newsletter packed with exclusive giveaways, news and tips by registering today.
On Sale Now!
June issue of CookVeg is available now
You might also like
No rating - be the first!