Chickpea curries are great for vegetarians. If you have any leftover, toss them through dressed salad leaves the next day.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- pinch of asafoetida/hing (optional)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 600g chickpeas, drained and washed
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- salt, to taste
How To Cook
- Gently heat the oil and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida (if using).
- When the seeds starts sizzling add the spring onions, garlic, ginger and chilli (if using).
- Saute for one minute before adding the tomatoes and garam masala. Sprinkle in a little water to prevent the masala from burning.
- Stir well and after a few minutes stir in the drained chickpeas. Add around 200ml of water.
- Cover and allow to cook on a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt.
- Finally stir through the coriander and serve with your favourite Indian bread. www.find-your-feet.org/curryforchange
0 people have helped to review this recipe.
Leave a Comment
You must sign in or register to leave a comment.
Keep all your favourite recipes in one place, upload your own, rate other users' creations and sign up to our newsletter packed with exclusive giveaways, news and tips by registering today.
On Sale Now!
June issue of CookVeg is available now
You might also like
No rating - be the first!