British Asparagus and Cheese Brunch Muffins
- 12 British asparagus spears
- 400g self-raising flour
- 200g Joseph Heler Cheshire cheese, cut into small cubes
- 125g butter
- 1 small bunch chives, snipped into pieces
- 150ml milk
- 100ml plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp Suffolk Mud English mustard
- 2 free-range eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How To Cook
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cases.
- Cut the asparagus stems into small pieces, about 1cm in length, leaving the tips a little longer, and blanch in boiling water for a couple of minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water, separating the tips from the pieces of stem.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with the cheese.
- Melt the butter and pour into a jug. Stir through the chives, milk, yoghurt, Suffolk Mud mustard and eggs. Mix well until combined and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the flour and cheese, then stir through the asparagus stems. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the muffin cases and push an asparagus tip into the middle of each. Bake in the oven from 25-30 minutes until golden. Best enjoyed hot and buttery! www.british-asparagus.co.uk
1 person has helped to review this recipe.
these were really delicious and satisfying! i felt full until lunch time which is usually good because my usual veggie-breaky leaves me feeling deflated and still hungary come mid-morning.
i used broccoli instead of the asparagus (out of asparagus!) which works just as well.
Leave a Comment
You must sign in or register to leave a comment.
Keep all your favourite recipes in one place, upload your own, rate other users' creations and sign up to our newsletter packed with exclusive giveaways, news and tips by registering today.
On Sale Now!
June issue of CookVeg is available now
You might also like
No rating - be the first!