Asparagus, Watercress and Pan-roasted Cherry Tomato Risotto
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 bundles of asparagus trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
- 100g red and yellow cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 200g risotto rice
- 1 small glass of vegetarian white wine
- 1lt hot vegetable stock
- 2 bunches of watercress roughly chopped
- 50g lightly salted butter, cut into cubes
- 50g grated vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese
- cracked black pepper
How To Cook
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil and then add the shallots and garlic. Sweat for 10 minutes until the shallots and garlic turn translucent without any colour.
- While the shallots and garlic are cooking, heat a medium sized frying pan and add the rest of the oil. When the oil stars to smoke, add the asparagus and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, cook for a 30 seconds or until the tomatoes start to wilt slightly, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- By now the onions should be ready. Stir in the rice and keep cooking and stirring until the rice has also turned translucent, then add the wine and simmer until it has reduced by half.
- Now start to add the hot stock, stirring the rice every now and then. Keep adding the stock a little at a time until the rice is cooked with a slight bite to it. About 20 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked, stir in the watercress, asparagus and tomatoes. Remove from the heat and add the butter and half of the cheese, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve in warm bowls, sprinkled with the rest of the cheese. www.british-asparagus.co.uk
1 person has helped to review this recipe.
Another delicious recipe! Altered the recipe slightly by not adding the asparagus or wine. Added more tomatoes and watercress instead. I did halve the recipe for the two of us but we found it made quite small portions (maybe we are just greedy!). Would definitely make the full quantity next time so we can have leftovers.
Leave a Comment
You must sign in or register to leave a comment.
Keep all your favourite recipes in one place, upload your own, rate other users' creations and sign up to our newsletter packed with exclusive giveaways, news and tips by registering today.
On Sale Now!
July issue of CookVeg is available now
You might also like
No rating - be the first!