Apple and Moroccan Giant Couscous Salad
- 3 tbsp vegetarian dry sherry
- 50g sultanas or raisins
- 200g giant couscous
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 25g bunch fresh mint, leaves only, finely chopped
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
How To Cook
- Put the sherry into a small saucepan and gently bring just below the boil. Add the sultanas and set aside to soak.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous into a saucepan of boiling water and gently simmer for 6-8 minutes until swollen and tender. Drain in a sieve and rinse with cold water. Drain again thoroughly, using the base of a bowl to squeeze out any excess liquid. Set aside.
- Put the paprika, cinnamon and cumin into a dry frying pan and gently heat until fragrant. Transfer to a large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir in the couscous, sultanas and soaking sherry. Check seasoning and serve. www.pinkladyapples.co.uk
1 person has helped to review this recipe.
very nice, though a bit dry without extra lemon, tried & teated at recent party mmm
Leave a Comment
You must sign in or register to leave a comment.
Keep all your favourite recipes in one place, upload your own, rate other users' creations and sign up to our newsletter packed with exclusive giveaways, news and tips by registering today.
On Sale Now!
July issue of CookVeg is available now
You might also like
No rating - be the first!