Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Buffets - vegetarian options
- 06-30-2012, 08:14 PM #1
Buffets - vegetarian options
Having attended a christening last weekend, where the parents knew we were vegetarian, and were reminded when we RSVPed, we were met with a buffet with absolutely nothing we could eat.
Now, I dont expect a huge effort to have been made to produce veggie food, but there werent even the basic stuff you find on a buffet like indian selection, cheese pizza, egg sandwiches etc. Absolutely EVERYTHING had meat on/in it
This raises a few questions....
1) Do you bother going up to buffets at events, or do you just eat before you go and assume there will be nothing for you
2) What food would you like to see on a buffet (recipes would be even better!)
3) Do you think that all buffets should have some veggie options (basic stuff like mentioned above) as so many people are veggie now and none veggies could eat it too
- 06-30-2012, 08:21 PM #2
1) We usually send one person out of the three of us to get 1 plate to share, because that way we can get a full plate and it isnt as obvious that there is not much we can have.
I dont like going up incase there is nothing (like last weekend) and you have to walk away - that makes me feel so awkward and fussy
2) Simple stuff that you usually find on a buffet would be good enough for me, indian selection, pizza, cheese or egg sandwiches, even cheese and pineapple on a stick! Ok so I wouldnt personally eat all of those things, but at least vegetarians have been catered for.
3) As so many people are vegetarian or fussy about what meats they will or wont eat now, I dont see why someone organising a buffet wouldnt include basic vegetarian things. Its not difficult, when you are doing meat sandwiches, do some plain cheese ones!
Generally, when there is vegetarian food, that is the stuff that goes first because meat eaters love it! When we did a buffet and had to include meat (dont get me started on that one! Lol) most of the meat stuff was left over at the end and had to be thrown away, but there was just about enough veggie stuff to fill a plate left over.
- 07-03-2012, 01:11 PM #3
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
I don't really attend in a buffet party but even I attend I usually end up eating at home. But some times when I attend some party with friends they already know that I don't eat meat. They get foods without meat or less meat I just eat the veggie and they get the meat for me. But when my friend is the host I expect to see a veggie food on a menu.