Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.cookveg.co.uk/_embeds/forum-header): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/cv_production/public_html/includes/forum_header_puller.php on line 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Christmas Cooking and Baking!

Another really good looking veggie alternative to sausage rolls that I'm tempted by.

Mini Spinach and Feta Rolls:

Mini spinach and feta rolls recipe - All recipes UK

Cardamom Kissed,Saffron Rice Pudding_Final_AfterGBlur.jpg

Nothing speaks Christmas as well as spices do!While nutmeg and ginger are really good and popular spices to use in Xmas season,everyone seems to bake and cook with them.So,for me,spices like cardamom and saffron do the trick!

CARDAMOM KISSED,SAFFRON RICE PUDDING
    Rice Pudding made the good old,traditional way!It is baked in the oven,at rather a low temperature,resulting in the rice swelling slowly and giving creaminess to the preparation unmatched by any stovetop method.
    Milky and lush,this comforting rice pudding combines the old fashioned European/American cooking method with the Indian love of spices and dried fruit.Rice is gently cooked in sweetened milk,infused and enhanced with flavors like raisins,almonds,cardamom and saffron!

The recipe: Guest Post For #SpicyChat : Cardamom Kissed,Saffron Rice Pudding - Simply Fahad-istic!
    Last edited by Fahad Khan; 12-19-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    Pipsqueak likes this.

Cranberry sauce

300g cranberries
    250g caster sugar
    Juice of half an orange

Put all ingredients into a pan and heat gently until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 10 minutes and then take off the heat. Allow to cool slightly before putting into a container and into the fridge or freezer.

Note: it will appear runny when you take it off the heat but this is normal and it firms up as it cools
    Pipsqueak likes this.

These are just ordinary vanilla cupcakes with a chocolate frosting, I used mini fudge cubes for the eyes, maltesars or cherry for noses and pretzels for the antlers
    Pipsqueak likes this.

I made my own tree decorations by simply melting chocolate and pouring into moulds, when they were set I decorated with writing icing pens. I put them into little bags, tied the top and then tied them to the tree
    Pipsqueak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by juker View Post

These are just ordinary vanilla cupcakes with a chocolate frosting, I used mini fudge cubes for the eyes, maltesars or cherry for noses and pretzels for the antlers
    Super cute!
    juker likes this.

This is what I made today, vanilla sponge cake decorated for our Christmas table

I just made these raspberry truffle brownies from the Post Punk Kitchen to take to my neighbours and they're delicious (and vegan)! They were really easy too, so they can definitely be done in a last-minute panic (if that's your style...!).

Love,

Emy
    xxx
    juker likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12